Sara Liss-KatzDirector of Planning, RLA
Sara brings to each of her projects the passion to create environments that enrich people’s lives. Her projects reflect her belief that good design comes from collaboration, not just from “doing”, but from careful listening. Because each project is different, there is always the opportunity and challenge to innovate, to create a uniquely suited environment that is aesthetically pleasing, environmentally responsible, and provides ultimate benefit to her clients and all end users.
Sara received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, Berkeley, and a Master of Landscape Architecture from the University of Michigan. She is a licensed landscape architect in California and has been a guest speaker at numerous professional events including American Society of Landscape Architects and the American Planning Association national conferences. In addition to the Bay Area Council Sara is a member of SPUR as well as an urban planning advisor to the Oakland Chinatown Coalition.
- Fort Bonifacio Global City – Manila, The Philippines
- Vietnam National University – Hanoi, Vietnam
- Lusail Master Plan – Doha, Qatar
- Sanya Bay Master Plan – Sanya, China
- Meilan Master Plan – Haikou, China
- Warm Springs TOD Master Plan – Fremont, CA
- Gateway at Millbrae BART Master Plan – Millbrae, CA
- Tamien Station TOD Mixed-Use – San Jose, CA
- Santa Clara Univ. Faculty and Staff Housing – San Jose, CA